Anselmo-Merna Prom and After Prom Information
Prom is here! Anselmo-Merna will be hosting prom on July 11, 2020. In order to ensure the safety of all students, staff, and volunteers, there will be a few adjustments to this year’s events.
Important: ALL students who plan on attending any of the prom events (banquet, dance, After Prom) must register no later than June 26, 2020. If students are not registered by this date, they will not be allowed entry. Register for prom by clicking here.
Order of Events:
Week of Prom: Decorating (juniors). All junior students need to check their school email accounts. Mrs. Thornton will be sending you information on decorating times.
Prom Night (7-11-20)
5:45- Juniors, seniors, and dates enter through the south (main) entrance of the school for the banquet
6:45-7:30- Grand March will take place on the football field
7:30-9:30- Dance in the gym
9:30-10:00- Students change (optional) for After Prom
Business casual is the minimum. Girls are welcome to wear prom dresses, if they already have them. Casual dresses are acceptable. Boys need to wear, at a minimum, collared shirt and dress pants. There is no need to rent a tuxedo if you have not already done so. All attire for the dance must meet the expectations set in the Student Handbook.
Safety Precautions for Prom:
- The building is reserved for only students, staff, and limited volunteers. This means there will be no time reserved for parent pictures (we will still have photographer).
- Grand March will be hosted on the football field. More information for parents and guests will be made available closer to prom date.
- ALL students must register prior to June 26th. Please follow the link at the top of the page to register.
- We will temperature check all students prior to entry. Any students who register a fever will not be allowed entry.
After Prom Information
All students who plan on attending After Prom must register at the link at the top of the page. Each student will also receive a gift. Please click here to review the gift choices. Use the number or letter code of the gift you select when you register for prom. We will follow the same safety precautions as we do with the prom dance (set guest list, temperature checks).
The A-M After Prom committee is excited to be bringing A-M students and their guests a great night of food and fun with FRIENDS!!!!!
THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT THIS YEAR! Different is not bad! We have put a lot of thought into making this a great experience for everyone. Having a Summer Prom/After Prom means we can use the great outdoors! More information will be coming soon about our After Prom activities.
After Prom will be from 10:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m.
Things that will be the same:
- Students will still need to check in
- There WILL be raffles
- You will pay for out of town guests
- If you have not worked to cover dues, you will need to pay
- Once you leave After Prom, you may not return
Things that are different:
- There will not be a store—You will choose your gift from a group of choices
- In order to get your gift, you will need to stay for the duration of After Prom
- Out of town dates will receive a gift/prize